If an insured event makes it untenable or impossible to travel, you must cancel the travel without delay and inform us accordingly.
PLEASE NOTE: If the hoped-for full recovery or improvement in health is not achieved in the case of a serious illness or accidental injury, and therefore you cancel the travel after all at a subsequent point in time, the following will apply: we will not refund the higher cancellation costs incurred due to the delay in cancellation.
Please get in contact with us – regardless of your doctor's assessment of your prospects for recovery. Always contact our cancellation advice department without delay following the occurrence of an illness or accidental injury. Your insurance benefits will not be curtailed, if you follow our recommendations regarding if and when the travel should be cancelled.
If an insured event occurs, we will refund you the contractually payable cancellation fees less the agreed deductible.
To do so, we will require
- the booking confirmation with details of the services booked, the persons travelling and the cost of the trip,
- the proof of insurance,
- the cancellation fee statement as well as proof of payment (if cancelling a holiday home or another type of property, please also provide a confirmation from the letting company that it was not possible to relet the property),
- documentary proof of the loss:
- in the case of illness, accidental injury, adverse reactions to a vaccination or pregnancy, a medical report will be required (containing date of birth, details of when illness and treatment started, and the diagnosis). We can provide you with a medical report template on request. If relevant, we will also require a certificate of incapacity for work
- a death certificate in the case of death
- your employer's letter of dismissal, including reasons for dismissal etc., in the event of losing your job.
Please call our cancellation advice (+49.89.6 24 24-245) to obtain advise whether you need to cancel immediately, or whether you can still wait and see.