You can report your claim quickly and easily in our claims portal.
Do you have your insurance policy number to hand? Report your insurance claim online now!
Have you already reported any claim? You can view the processing status of your claim at any time in the online claims portal.
FAQ & important notices
If an insured event makes it untenable or impossible to travel, you must cancel the travel without delay and inform us accordingly.
PLEASE NOTE: If the hoped-for full recovery or improvement in health is not achieved in the case of a serious illness or accidental injury, and therefore you cancel the travel after all at a subsequent point in time, the following will apply: we will not refund the higher cancellation costs incurred due to the delay in cancellation.
Please get in contact with us – regardless of your doctor's assessment of your prospects for recovery. Always contact our cancellation advice department without delay following the occurrence of an illness or accidental injury. Your insurance benefits will not be curtailed, if you follow our recommendations regarding if and when the travel should be cancelled.
If an insured event occurs, we will refund you the contractually payable cancellation fees less the agreed deductible.
To do so, we will require
- the booking confirmation with details of the services booked, the persons travelling and the cost of the trip,
- the proof of insurance,
- the cancellation fee statement as well as proof of payment (if cancelling a holiday home or another type of property, please also provide a confirmation from the letting company that it was not possible to relet the property),
- documentary proof of the loss:
- in the case of illness, accidental injury, adverse reactions to a vaccination or pregnancy, a medical report will be required (containing date of birth, details of when illness and treatment started, and the diagnosis). We can provide you with a medical report template on request. If relevant, we will also require a certificate of incapacity for work
- a death certificate in the case of death
- your employer's letter of dismissal, including reasons for dismissal etc., in the event of losing your job.
Please call our cancellation advice (+49.89.6 24 24-245) to obtain advise whether you need to cancel immediately, or whether you can still wait and see.
What must you do in each event of loss or damage?
What are your obligations if it is doubtful whether you will be able to begin your travel?
What are your obligations if you are unable to complete your trip as planned?
If due to an insured event you have to unexpectedly end or interrupt your trip, please provide us with the following documents so that your costs can be refunded:
- the booking confirmation with details of the services booked, the persons travelling and the cost of the trip
- the proof of insurance
- documents showing the additional costs of return transport and a statement from the tour operator detailing the unused travel services
- the proof of injury / loss, e.g. medical report from the doctor at the holiday destination (containing date of birth, details of when illness and treatment started, and the diagnosis) or police report etc. of the accident
If you sustain a serious injury or become ill, contact our Emergency Assistance service – particularly before any hospital admission – in order that we can ensure proper treatment and arrange return transport if necessary. To ensure the reimbursement of the costs you incurred while on travel, please submit the original invoices and / or prescriptions.
Important: The invoices must include the name of the person who received treatment, a description of the illness and the itemised medical services with the relevant costs. Prescriptions must contain information concerning the prescribed drugs, the prices and the stamp of the pharmacy.
What options does Real-Time give you, if you become ill and would like to receive medical treatment?
You can call us before receiving treatment for health-related problems. We will verify whether the criteria for Real-Time are fulfilled on the basis of a preliminary assessment. If this is the case, we will arrange for the Real-Time card to be promptly topped up. You can use this credit card to pay the medical and / or pharmacy bill.